[mythtv-users] mythnetvision searching youtube

Dave Brown davebrown099 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:04:19 UTC 2011

> For what it's worth, the same results are almost definitely in there,
> but in a different order.  Just search more specifically.
>
> Robert

Im not sure if this is breaking any rules.  Apologies if thats the case
however, im using mythbuntu and you can change the order of the youtube
results to relevance by editing

/usr/share/mythtv/internetcontent/nv_python_libs/youtube/youtube_api.py

and line

# v2 api calls - An example that must be customized for each target site
self.config[u'urls'][u'video.search'] = '
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=%s&max-results=%s&start-index=%s&orderby=rating&Ir=%s
'

# v2 api calls - An example that must be customized for each target site
self.config[u'urls'][u'video.search'] = '
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=%s&max-results=%s&start-index=%s&orderby=relevance&Ir=%s
'

I find this to work much better.  My wife likes to search youtube videos for
horses and under the default search the results are returned under the order
"rating".  The first 4 videos are about the halo game, the next a johnny
cash video and next half dozen are not really related to the 4 legged
animal.

Changing this to be sorted by relevance helps.