[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Sun Feb 27 22:56:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> You're all still missing the same key point.  There is no longer an
> independent OSD engine.  Objects that were formerly OSD elements can now
> appear while in the menus.  Menu widgets can pop up during playback.
> The fact that these elements can be intermixed is why the windows must
> appear consistent throughout the entire theme.  This is not a foolish
> consistency.  This is a necessity due to a shift in the UI design, and
> you will find the same behavior in most other media player and HTPC
> softwares.

So I've been hearing throughout this thread "just edit the theme and
you can get what you want" where what I want is "different main theme
and OSD UIs." If what you say above is true (widgets are shared across
the main and OSD themes) I can't see that there's any way to get what
I currently have and like (ArcLight as main theme and BlackCurve as
OSD) even if I spend a lot of time editing the theme. Instead I'll get
either ArcLight components in my OSD or BlackCurve components in my
main theme.
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,