[mythtv-users] AT5IONT-I unable to use vdpau

Andrew Congdon Andrew.Congdon at iplatinum.com.au
Sun Feb 27 21:45:55 UTC 2011

 > The frontend is a Asus AT5IONT-I board, with a d525 CPU and 2 x 2GB
 > SODIMM RAM (800Mhz)

I used 1x 2GB 1066 and that seems plenty since the video memory is
dedicated. The memory controller is single channel right?

 > Even with quite simple SD recordings, this frontend is unable to do a
 > proper playback using VDPAU!

Mine wasn't as bad as yours but I did find some pausing which I thought
might be associated with IRQ sharing so I tried the latest Beta nvidia
driver which allows MSI and that seems much better. It can now play full
HD video with the VDPAU high quality profile and no other settings.

 > The CPU is close to idle all the time, and I have no idea what is causing
 > this!

I found more problems with this. I was using Fedora 14 and couldn't get
the CPU to do frequency scaling until I tried the userspace governor
with the p4_clockmod module. Nevertheless I still needed to add a slim
100mm fan to control the GPU temps, the CPU(s) is mostly idle.