[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 16:12:50 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading this thread with interest.

I like matching themes; but I do understand the frustration. What
looks good and is usable on a 50" 16:10 FullHD screen is not the same
as what is readable on a 24" 16:10 Full HD screen...

I can also understand that people want a combination of OSD and Main
theme that is aesthetically pleasing and "ergonomic", well technically
that'd be called readability.

I have been using a combination of Black Curves and Blue Abstract in 0.23.

The challenge it seems is that there is now such a huge difference in
screen sizes being used. It used to be 20-24" 4:3 for the main TV, 16"
for the portable in the study. Now we have ranges from 20"16:9 through
to over 60"; more than 3 times the size and this is not including
projectors. Reasonable sized text on a 20" is going to look
unreasonably large on a 60" dominating a lounge.

Variable text sizes was a nice idea but impractical to implement.

Lots of themes seem to be the answer; and that means rolling our sleaves up.

And in that vain; I would like to use Metallurgy as the base for some
changes. Who, out of courtesy should I ask permission from to start
fiddling? My hope is that they wont look very similar but the layout
is the closest to what I am looking for. My artistic and photoshop
skills are going to get a crash course...

thanks