[mythtv-users] Found a bug in 0.24-fixes

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:24:45 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> I've found a reproducible bug in 0.24-fixes but not sure which build,
>
> If you have prompt at the end of recordings turned on and start a transcode
> (in this case a lossless transcode) either before playing the recording or
> during playback from the playback menu and you get to the end of the
> recording you get a message saying something like "unable to delete
> <recording Title - Subtitle> as user job on <hostname> is running>" the
> recording will then continue to play but the end cut point and if you ok the
> error message it will loop back to the same error message indefinitely the
> only way I've found to get out of it is to use Mymote to switch to another
> recording.
>
> Jarod,
>
> can you advise which build rpmfusion 0.24-5 relates too? so I can lodge a
> bug report as the build number is broken.
>
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 0.24-5.md12 (%_svnrev)
> MythTV Branch    :
> Network Protocol : 63
> Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
> QT Version       : 4.6.2
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput
> using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_dvb
> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
> using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
> using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l
> using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
> using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl
> using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
>

> Can anyone else replicate this? or is this something peculiar to my setup?

I just saw basically the same thing yesterday.  The recording was
paused on one frontend, and when playback of the same recording on
another frontend reached the end (more specifically, the "cut to end"
cut region) and tries to bring up the end-of-recording dialog, similar
behavior occurs.  This happens in a relatively recent version of
trunk.

Jim