[mythtv-users] Hauppauge NovaT-500 I2C read errors

Nicolas WILL nico at youplala.net
Sun Feb 27 10:19:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-27 at 09:42 +0000, Gary Dawes wrote:
> had a bit more dig about this morning and found an old closed mythtv
> bug report for the "Failed to set TS filter" error which stated that
> it was a driver issue -
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-commits/2006-November/023383.html

So you could take all that to the linux-media list [1], the proper place
for driver issues.

> Found and used the information on this page
> http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc#toc-not-losing-one-of-the-nova-t-500s-tuners
> and reduced the tuner delay down to 150ms per tuner and changed "open
> DVB card on demand" to selected.
> Going to give this a go and see what happens today.

This is my web page. It is also directly referenced on the linux-media
wiki page for your card for the problem you are experiencing. [2]

This setup has been rock solid for at least a couple of years for me.

Nico

[1] http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-media
[2]
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500#Losing_one_tuner.3F