[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Ole Nissen mail at olenissen.com
Sun Feb 27 06:50:48 UTC 2011

Hi,
I too have an ion based frontend system. I had the tearing problem once but
managed to fix it. My problem then were that the screen, as in your
situation was shown too big. Therefore I adjusted the screen in mythtv to
fit the tv frame. This meant however that every single frame had to be
scaled to be shown right on the screen, which with quick changes in the tv
content meant tearing. I debugged the problem and found that the X.org log
showed that what was sent to the screen was 1920x1080, whiich is my screens
native resolution. This meant that it was actually the TV during the
upscaling. I have a Sony KVL-52-W4500, and it has a menu entry saying
something about pixel to pixel in the image section. By setting that, I
could avoid having myth during a scaling which shouldn't have been performed
in the first place.
Perhaps this is the same problem for you.

The RTC timeing issue, i think, would solve any video/sound sync problems.
Which I also can suffer from in some cases.