[mythtv-users] Any Debian / Mythtv / Nvidia users here?

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Feb 26 18:20:03 UTC 2011

On 02/25/2011 12:50 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:09 AM, stuart<stuart at xnet.com>  wrote:
>> And this is me trying to load the older "xserver-common" package on the
>> broken box in hopes of getting my 2nd mythtv box back up and running:
>>> # apt-get install xserver-common=2:1.9.99.902-2
>>> Reading package lists... Done
>>> Building dependency tree
>>> Reading state information... Done
>>> E: Version '2:1.9.99.902-2' for 'xserver-common' was not found
>
> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xorg-server/xserver-common_1.9.99.902-2_all.deb
>
> Stuart, have you filed a bug report for this or reached out to the
> Debian maintainers (pkg-nvidia-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org) to see
> what the official word is from them?
>
> Eric

Hi Eric...

I don't want to be accused of muddying the bug.debian.org waters by
duplicating bug reports. I am thinking this bug report covers it:

I haven't reached out beyond our mythtv community.  Most of us (I
assume) run boxes at the leading edge of software stability.  Before
pushing buttons at pkg-nvidia-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org I though I'd
try to push some here.

-thanks for the pointers!