[mythtv-users] HD-PVR issues - is there a solution?

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 11:03:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> wrote:
> 3.  Audio records at 59.94Hz, and video at 60Hz, giving a sync issue over
> time.  Some people change firmware to fix it, only to return to the same
> state.  Is this a firmware issue or a myth issue?  Who knows?

How does one know if they have this issue?  Some of my hd-pvr
recordings do have lip-sync issues.  Is there something I can look for
in the logs to see if audio was recorded at 59.94Hz?

Also, I’ll contribute my current hdpvr state:
·         Gentoo, 2 hdpvrs on seperate backends - get zero byte
recording once every few months.  Haven’t noticed any change since
0.24 upgrade.  Haven’t noticed more on one hdpvr vs the other.  One
system has just the hdpvr and IR receiver on the usb bus.  The other
has 2 usb to serial adapters in addition to the hdpvr and IR receiver.
·         Directv is source for both and I use IP to change channels
which is very reliable ever since I made the script try more than once

Dave