[mythtv-users] Episode images not showing

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Fri Feb 25 12:05:17 UTC 2011

> > ... So something must have changed in 0.24 or there is a bug.
>
> No, it hasn't changed. The code is exactly the same as it's been
> since .22. And no, it's not a bug, it still works fine. You have a
> configuration issue somewhere.

Are you guys using the Terra or the MythCenter theme?

It's definitely NOT working in the default configuration with these two themes. I made a clean fresh installation of 0.24 on my laptop and mounted the video directory there and the same happens. There's noting wrong with the permissions in /var/lib/mythtv, all files have 666 and all folders 777 to be on the safe side. There's also nothing wrong with the naming of my files. All data is getting fetched from ttvdb. I can see the episode images in the screenshot directory, but they're not getting displayed in these two (or more) themes.

Yesterday night I tried the arclight theme. And guess what? It works there, or lets say kind of. In the left pane the season banner and the episode image are shown, in the right pane (next to the episode name) the season banner is shown and not the episode image.

To summarize, my permissions are ok, my filenames are ok, the grabber script works ok. So where is the (hidden) switch I have to set in order to display episode images in certain themes? Statements like I have "a configuration issue *somewhere*" don't really help. I couldn't find any setting to change this behavior. If there is no setting, then it is either intended to work like this or it is a bug.