[mythtv-users] Hauppauge NovaT-500 I2C read errors

nemo myth797 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 11:44:30 UTC 2011

On 25/02/11 07:52, Gary Dawes wrote:
> I have been though the Mythtv and LinuxTV wikis and various mailing
> lists and followed the standard steps for fixing this issue.
The only thing you haven't mentioned doing and which I've done for my
NovaT-500 is to set "Use quick tuning" to "Always".

My card's stable at the moment, but that's after a lot of messing
around. The key things that have helped for me were to select quick
tuning and to disable the Active EIT.

I entirely sympathise with your frustration with this card - mine's
going for a trip out the window just as soon as a decent combined DVB-T
+ DVB-T2 solution arrives on the market...