[mythtv-users] Is multirec working good for anyone?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 25 11:32:55 UTC 2011

I'm still using 0.21 (if it ain't broke and all that) ...

raptor jr wrote:
>How is multirec working out for you?
>
>For me it doesn't seem to work very well. If a recording is in
>progress and another starts on the same card, both fail.

That sounds like a card or driver problem.

>  If my first and second card are recording and i wan't to watch
>LiveTV, which should be possible on the other channels that are on
>the same MUX, it is not possible to change to another channel, i can
>only watch the one that is recording on my "LiveTV card", ie the
>last card in my setup. With the OSD i am able to browse to the other
>channels on the same MUX, but when i try to switch channels it takes
>a while and then i'm back on the one recording.

I only have one card (HVR-1110 DVB-T tuner), if it's in use I can
watch other channels in the same mux - I suspect your problem may be
related to the first one mentioned.
You should be able to use the "Next Card" command (by default mapped
to C on a keyboard) to switch cards.

The one thing that doesn't work well for me is padded recordings (as
mentioned by Jan Schneider). If I hard pad recordings rules then it
will work with two programs on the same mux - ie it will start
recording program B on tuner 2 before it stops recording program A on
tuner 1. That messes up scheduling though when programs are on
different muxes.
With soft padding, it doesn't soft pad programs recorded one after
another whether they are on the same channel or different channels in
the same mux.

I'm not complaining too much about that, the sort of scheduling that
Myth does is actually incredibly hard once you realise just how many
permutations are possible - and it's a lot easier than doing it
manually as I used to.

--
Simon Hobson