[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 03:06:33 UTC 2011

On 25 February 2011 10:58, Taylor Ralph <taylor.ralph at gmail.com> wrote:
> With Temporal 2x it does appear the video is slowly falling behind. I
> again would recommend downgrading to 256 like JYA recommended. Also,
> you might still need to add an additional DIMM to get the performance
> level high enough to use Temporal 2X without issue. If anything works
> please let us know.

Mike

Focusing on the playback quality rather than performance, I noticed in
those logs that your display is interlaced (1080i). I'd recommend you
try and switch to a progressive modeline (ie. 1080p) if you can. In an
ideal world, we could just pass interlaced material to an interlaced
display and it would just 'work'. Unfortunately that isn't the case
and with your current setup your material is probably getting
deinterlaced twice - which explains why 1x deinterlacers might look
better. You'll also find that displaying Standard Definition
interlaced material (i.e. NTSC in your case) on that screen will
probably look terrible.

Regards

Mark