[mythtv-users] 0.24+fixes - tearing, /dev/rtc permissions and getting openGL to work

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 24 12:37:23 UTC 2011

On 11-02-23 08:58 PM, Mark Kendall wrote:

> Enabling OpenGL vsync in nvidia-settings will do nothing for VDPAU
> tearing. NVIDIA's VDPAU implementation is entirely standalone in that
> respect and manages vsync separately.

Yeah, it occurred to me last night after I sent my followup and
reflected a bit that there really shouldn't be any need to vsync with
vdpau since with vdpau, the GPU is being fed the encoded file and not
being given "frames" to display.  Since the GPU is doing the decoding
and display itself, it's entirely responsible for vsync.

> This is the root cause of your problems. You need to disable the
> composite extension (search the wiki and/or the list archives).

Yeah, but I did that a long time ago to no avail on my ION.  So
something else is in play here.

b.