[mythtv-users] still having remote troubles with Fedora 14/Harmony

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 24 04:17:34 UTC 2011

On Feb 23, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Blammo wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just to be clear: I use a Streamzap rather than a mceusb device. I
> > suspect Blammo is also using Streamzap since he said he had exactly the
> > same hardware that I did.
>
> Bah. Oops. I knew that, I swear (even looked at the patch he linked to).
> My streamzap hardware does work perfectly fine with that kernel too. :)
>

> Yes, I am using a Streamzap USB receiver, with a Harmony remote... Process of elimination however, I pulled out the original streamzap remote, same behavior.
>
> Not working any better than 3-4 days ago.. Made sure I was up to date.
>
> Behavior within Myth is that button presses = 2 button presses.. Navigating menus is frustrating.. It's IMPOSSIBLE no matter how quickly you hit the button, to get your choice.. it moves twice..

I'm guessing you're missing this:

echo lirc > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

i.e., keypresses are being decoded and delivered both by the kernel layer
and the lirc layer.

I'll just push the current updates-testing lirc package to stable, despite
it being 0.9.0-pre1, because I suck at getting a 0.9.0 release out the
door. Maybe I'll try to get that done tomorrow... (Because that package has
an addition to its initscript that does the in-kernel decode disable for
you automatically when you start lircd).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com