[mythtv-users] m2ts files and the internal player

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 00:22:22 UTC 2011

The Canon HS20 can shoot in 4:3 or widescreen and on top of that 60i,
30p, 24p and 24p.

The camera is capable of shooting at 24p native, that means, 24 frames
a second progressive.  Because it is native it does not need to
introduce a pull-down or anything like that to get that frame rate.
The lower frame rate also allows you to have less light for an
equivalent shot.  Also, 24 vs 30 gives you a slightly more jerky video
which is what a lot of people talk about when they say cinematic.

There are two 24p modes as well, one of them is true 24P (Native) and
one of them is not.  If I remember correctly, if you record in true
24P the camera is not able to downconvert to SD on it's own (and you
require editing software to do so.)

Hope this helps, I'm new to camcorders and have just been playing
around with the Canon HS21 myself.