[mythtv-users] Amazon Prime on MythTV

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:58:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Dan Littlejohn
<dan.littlejohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten Amazon Prime to work on MythTV?  This is the one thing I
> hate about Netflix and am looking if it makes sense to jump ship (if they
> start to get a decent number of movies streaming).

I did not do it through Mythbrowser.  But last night I watched some
Amazon video shows through chromium on my mythfrontend box.  I was
impressed with what I saw.  In particular there were no
advertisements.  Yes, thank you!

I have a browser plug-in that automatically disables flash.  So I
can't remember the last time I actually used flashplayer.  But the
amazon video flash applet performed quite well.  It loaded quickly and
didn't hog CPU cycles.  I'm not sure if that is because flashplayer
has improved since I last used it or what.

I was disappointed to not see an option to use the HTML5 <video> tag.
I'm sure amazon would have trouble getting the content providers to
agree to drop the adobe flash DRM.

Integrating Amazon video support into MythTV would be great.  But I
guess they wont publish an open API for it.  I would love to be proven
wrong though

-Ryan