[mythtv-users] LIRC on FC14 Mythtv .24 Both LIRC and Built In Running - Help?

Michael Jones mythtv at michaelandholly.com
Wed Feb 23 02:00:46 UTC 2011

Nope, Still not working.. I've now tried both +lirc and lirc in that command
and neither produces the correct result.   I've also made a link in the /dev
directory from lirc to /dev/lircd but that doesn't help either.

How can I tell if the MythTV imbedded lirc support is turned off or ignored?

Any other ideas.    It seems that the imbedded version is a little cranky so
I'd rather use lirc until it's all ironed out.   -- Unless of course I'm
doing something wrong with my configuration.

I have the lircd.conf in the /etc/lirc directory and the .lircrc file in the
/home/mythtv/.mythtv with a link by the same name in the /home/mythtv
directory.   I haven't found a good resource yet on how this is supposed to
be set up so this is just a guess from the "old methods".

If I press the buttons on the remote 2x quickly, sometimes I can get it to
work properly, but that's a pain and takes a VERY heavy toll on the WAF.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Michael