[mythtv-users] Researching USB tuner

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 22 18:49:37 UTC 2011

On Feb 22, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> On 02/22/11 09:57, jedi wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 08:16:59PM -0500, Harry Lists wrote:
>>> Question best asked to Jarod, but I know that other people may be
>>> interested:
>>>
>>> There are patches on Jarod's site to support v1 and v2 of Kworld UB435-Q
>>> HD
>>> sticks:
>>>

>>> http://wilsonet.com/jarod/kworld-hacking/kworld-a340-20100218/kworld-340u-
>>> ub435q-em28xx.patch

This is in the upstream and Fedora 14 kernels now.

>>> and
>>>
>>> http://wilsonet.com/jarod/kworld-hacking/kworld-ub435-q-v2.patch

This is not. It was an experimental hack for the v2 stick, prior to
discovering that they have no iso endpoints, only bulk endpoints, and
like Devin said, the em28xx driver doesn't support bulk mode at this
time, and its not a terribly pressing feature addition to anyone that
is familiar with the em28xx code for a variety of reasons.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com