[mythtv-users] Problem with parental level on 2nd frontend

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:17:10 UTC 2011

Yes, i do use Stoage Groups. So it shouldn't be necessary to use Samba or NFS. I did describe my setup earlier, but can take it again. Dont know if it was hard to understand?

>Computer 1:
>Frontend/backend
>2TB disk with all my files, recordings and movies, using only Storage Groups
>Starts in parental level 1 in MythVideo
>I have manually set parental level for several movies to 2 or higher.
>All movies that have a higher level than 1 is not shown when i enter MythVideo, the level 2 movies is hidden as >they should be
>
>Computer 2:
>Frontend only
>Diskless, reads all data and everything from the backend
>Starts on parental level 1 in MythVideo
>When i start MythVideo i see all movies, even those with level 2 that should be hidden since MythVideo starts on >level 1. And all information should be read from Computer 1, where all movies have the correct parental level set. >But on Computer 2 the parental level for the movies seem to be ignored.

So Computer 1 is my server that has everything, and Computer 2 is diskless and holds no data, should get everything from Computer 1.

On Computer 1 i have version:
MythTV Version   : v0.25pre-1193-g7df4535-dirty
MythTV Branch    : master
Network Protocol : 64
Library API      : 0.25.20110216-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0

On Computer 2 i have version:
MythTV Version   : v0.25pre-1045-gc2e4cd0-dirty
MythTV Branch    : master
Network Protocol : 64
Library API      : 0.25.20110216-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0

So they are not exactly the same build, a few weeks between them. But that shouldn't be a problem since they use the same protocol version.

I would really appreciate if someone knows what debug output i coul turn on to find the problem. It seems so simple but i must have missed that simple thing because i cant get it to work. Some debug output maybe can shed some light in my darkness.