[mythtv-users] m2ts files and the internal player

1.41421 at gmail.com 1.41421 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:01:50 UTC 2011

> I think that the above means that you have recorded this clip in
> 1440x1080,
> which would be interlaced. I have an older camcorder that only records in
> 1440x1080i60, and I have the exact same output as you do in mplayer. I see
> that your camcorder is capable of 1920x1080p24/30, but it also shoots in
> 1440x1080i60; are you sure that you are recording in the higher
> resolution?

I think that this is the issue. I looked into the current settings of my
camcorder and noticed that it was indeed set to 1440x1080 and, more
importantly, to 60 FPS interlaced. I would like that shoot at 1920x1080,
and that's easy to change in my camcorder. However, what should I use for
FPS? I can do 30p, 24p, plus some other 24p that is said to be
for "cinematic effect" (whatever that means.) My inclination would be to do
30p but, are there any advantages to doing 24p instead?

> My guess is also that Myth is deinterlacing the content here.

Any ideas on how to get MythTV to do the right thing for these particular
videos?