[mythtv-users] How to start MythTV

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Mon Feb 21 02:04:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 18:25 +0100, Malte Gell wrote:
> Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln at mnsi.net> wrote
>
> > > What binary do you use just to start MythTV to watch TV?
> >
> >   Mythfrontend, how did your setup go, and did you going into YaSTs
> > runlevel editor and set mythbackend and mysql to automatically start up?
> > Are you using gnome or kde on the desktop?  IIRC, I needed to log out
> > and then back in for it to show up on my 11.1 install.
>
> Thanx, it is working now, the backend starts automatically, mysql runs too. I
> just have problems to scan for analog channels, MythTV and tvtime dont find
> any channels.

  You're card description in the config is most likely wrong then.  I
remember trying to figure out which card type I needed to spec out so
myth could use the right driver (ivtv for the hauppauge pvr-150).  Might
be a help if you can ID the module that get's loaded for the tuner unit,
and keep adjusting the card definition until myth shows that module.
I'd open the config right now and look deeper at the page, but myth just
starting recording and it'll be doing that for the next few hours.