[mythtv-users] Sync live tweets to recording playback

Michael Robinson mike at robinsonhome.org
Sun Feb 20 19:01:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Michael Robinson
<mike at robinsonhome.org> wrote:
> FYI,
>
> I wrote a Java application for myself that I thought others folks
> might enjoy.  The app will replay tweets in sync with the playback of
> a recording.  For example, if you recorded the a program the night
> before, you can run this app while watching it and the tweets that
> were sent when the program was actually aired will be displayed in
> sync with the recording.  You can get it here:
>
>    http://digivim.com/dvm/products/mythtwit/MythTwit.zip

Btw, for those of you who would like to use "mythtvosd" to display the
tweets, I'm using this script as a callback:

#!/bin/sh
TWEET=`echo "$3" | sed -e "s/&/and/g"`
mythtvosd --template=scroller --bcastaddr=192.168.1.3
--scroll_text="$1: ${TWEET}"

It appears that "mythtvosd" does not like "&" characters, so I'm
simply replacing it with the text "and".