[mythtv-users] migrating from analog cable to digital cable (Cogeco), recheduling on new tuners and removing existing tuner

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Sun Feb 20 13:18:27 UTC 2011

On February 19, 2011 22:57:16 Mike McMullin wrote:
>   My cable company is migrating it's customers over to digital cable (I
> think they're trying to phase out analog service).  Currently I'm on
> analog, and am using an Hauppauge pvr-150 card, but I also have an HD
> Homerun dual tuner box, which currently does nada thanks to the analog
> signal.
>   My question actually revolves around getting the programs which are
> currently being recorded on the pvr-150 to record on the two HDHR
> tuners.  When the digital signal get's turned on, I'm planning on
> deleting all tuner cards, then adding the HDHR tuners by device id.
> What do I need to do, to get myth to recalculate the scheduling to use
> the new tuners?

Just restart the backend after changing your tuners and you'll be good to go.

Unfortunately you'll probably find that your HDHR's don't do any good.  Here in
Canada most cable providers encrypt EVERYTHING. (No FCC, no FCC rules..)  The
only unencrypted channels that I get here in Nova Scotia are audio channels
and a couple of junk channels (CPAC?).

In that case you'll need to get a digital box for each pvr-150 and use ir
blasters.

You may get more info at the forums at digitalhome.ca  Folks there may know
how much if unencrypted on Cogeco.

Mark