[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 mythtv only supports single tuner

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 22:00:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Under MythTV if I try and record more than one channel concurrently, at
> least one of the recordings is empty/corrupted. I have successfully tested
> concurrent reception/playback of 2 (analog) streams by running 2 instances
> of mplayer, so it appears to be a wierd mythtv bug/limitation rather than
> hardware or driver issue.

This sounds to me like you do not have your input groups setup right.  Each
encoder can do digital or analog, but the digital and analog capture devices
for each must be grouped into an input group.  Thus you'd end up with an
input group per encoder, and each will do either analog or digital,
independent of each other.

Is there a solution to getting the HVR-2250 fully working under MythTV? Are
> the myth devs at least aware of this problem?

I have been successfully using my HVR-2250 fully since about September 2010,
when I bought it, and send Stephen a couple patches for minor issues in the
analog side of the driver.  It has never given me a problem like you have
mentioned.  I quite regularly record with analog/digital simultaneously (one
on each encoder).