[mythtv-users] dvb-s pixellated

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 20:03:23 UTC 2011

> Perhaps, however it works fine when using Kaffeine.  This card was
> originally a works out of the box, no tweaking or installing firmware type.

Does Kaffeine also use VDPAU? I had pixelation with VDPAU playback
when I used CPU throttling. Perhaps the upgrade made your PC "greener"
by enabling CPU throttling? I never really investigated it much
further and just disabled the throttling which was fine for that host
as it did not run 24/7. I believe with stepping down the CPU frequency
the memory bus speed also get changed which could have such
side-effects with certain motherboard chipsets.