[mythtv-users] Dual recording problems with HDHR

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Feb 17 03:17:57 UTC 2011

On 02/16/2011 08:08 PM, Matt Goebel wrote:
> I have a dual tuner HDHomerun. If I record one show I can watch live TV on the other tuner fine.  If watch live TV, hit record, switch to the 2nd tuner and record that works as well.
>
> It DOES NOT work if I have two scheduled recordings at the same time.  One program will record fine, the other will not create a recording file.  An example in my backend logs:
>
> mythbackend.log-2011-02-16 22:00:00.583 ProgramInfo(2501_20110216210000.mpg), Error: GetPlaybackURL: '2501_20110216210000.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
>
> This happens 100% of the time with overlapping recording on the HDHR.  I also have an HDPVR, no issues recording from that and one of the HDHR tuners at the same time.  This all worked fine recently.  Any ideas what might be going on?

Hello,

I have an HDHR and I am not seeing this issue with 0.24.

I do remember there being some sort of bug with the HDHR in .24 where if
you had the units IP address configured rather than using its serial
number or whatever it is called that recordings on the second tuner
would fail.

If you have the IP address hard coded, you might remove it and let
mythtv find the HDHR itself.

Michael