[mythtv-users] 0.24 Python Bindings - Transcode Wrapper Script

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Thu Feb 17 00:58:18 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:46 AM, Robert Houghton <robbadler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just trying to get a transcoding job working using the Wrapper Script
>> on the wiki, and I seem to be running up against some issues with the
>> Python bindings:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "./x264_inplace.py", line 96, in <module>
>>    main()
>>  File "./x264_inplace.py", line 88, in main
>>    runjob(jobid=args[0])
>>  File "./x264_inplace.py", line 24, in runjob
>>    sg = findfile(rec.basename, rec.storagegroup, db=db)
>> NameError: global name 'findfile' is not defined
>>

>> The script is marked as 0.24 compatible, so I'd appreciate any help
>> anyone can offer with getting it working!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chris
>
> Chris,
>
> I recently added a perl script to the wiki that does x264 transcoding. It
> would be trivial to have this script replace the recording file instead
> adding to the sql
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Quality_Transcode
>
> If you get your script working, maybe post it to the wiki as well for
> comparison?

Robert,

I've been using your script, but I'm not particularly fluent in Perl,
so changing anything more than the exposed parameters is a bit beyond
me. I've tweaked it to suit my needs (forced channels to stereo, used
a constant rate factor instead of an average bit rate) and it's been
working well, but I'm not confident that I understand it well enough
to go changing the bits that directly manipulate the database.

- Chris