[mythtv-users] mythfrontend not honoring mysql.txt anymore?

Alden, David alden at math.osu.edu
Wed Feb 16 03:01:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Feb 10, 2011, at Feb 10, 8:05 AM, Alden, David wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2011, at Feb 9, 9:14 PM, Rob Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Alden, David <alden at math.osu.edu> wrote:
>>> Is there some new way to get mythtv to use different localhost values?
>>
>> Try ~/.mythtv/config.xml
>
> Thanks - that fixed it.  Is there documentation on what can go into config.xml?

  Looks like I spoke too soon.  This fixed it until I did an update - I'm using atrpms and I updated to v0.24-152-g6dd5e4 and it no longer seems to honor LocalHostName in config.xml.  I know it's still reading the config.xml because my 2nd mythfrontend instance dies if I remove it (due to the default ServicePort already in use by the 1st mythfrontend instance).  I put back the mysql.txt files and now it's working again.  Any idea why it switched back to using mysql.txt?

...dave