[mythtv-users] Automation query

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 16 02:33:45 UTC 2011

On 02/14/2011 05:53 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
> One note, my backend did not have a /home/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml so
> the database connection initially failed. I copied one from my frontend.
> However, how do I determine the 'MediaRenderer' id to be used. I simply
> changed it by hand to be unique, but I have no idea where that is
> supposed to come from or if it needs to match something. All my
> frontends have a unique ID.

My understanding is that each mythfrontend must specify a unique UDN for
the MediaRenderer.  The value specified must be a valid UUID (as can be
created by running "uuidgen").  Whatever value you use gets picked up by
mythfrontend.

The MediaRenderer's UDN must be different from the backend's MediaServer
UDN.  However, the Perl bindings, when creating a config.xml, currently
take a shortcut and just put the same UDN for the MediaRenderer as for
the backend's MediaServer.

Mike