[mythtv-users] "Please Wait" no longer appearing when playing recordings?

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Tue Feb 15 22:35:35 UTC 2011

>But, I'm still not seeing any Please Wait message. Although playback
>startup is certainly quicker than it used to be, it can still sometimes
>take a few seconds for me, especially if my combined BE/FE is doing a
>few other things like transcoding.

>The lack of immediate feedback when pressing a key to start playback is
>disconcerting, to both novice and experienced users. I'm not
>particularly in love with the Please Wait screen (maybe an animated
>spinner or similar would look nicer), but I would welcome it back.

I have been using Myth for almost 3 years now, and I have to admit, the lack
of the "Please Wait" screen makes me feel like it's my first day every time.
It's amazing.  I KNOW it's gone, I KNOW my playback is going to start
momentarily, but without that screen, I still have doubts that the key press
was received.  It's exacerbated on playback of Video_TS folders in
MythVideo, which take especially long to load.