[mythtv-users] Problem with sound

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:07:17 UTC 2011

>I have noticed this problem ; and usually only a reboot fix it. This
>started with Ubuntu 10.04.
>I have no explanation whatsoever for the issue

I have never rebooted to fix the issue. If i restart the playback a couple of times or jump back and forward in the recording/LiveTV it often goes back to normal. But sometimes i just give up and do something else. But then later i could work again.

I have another frontend, diskless, with ubuntu 10.10(or actually mythbuntu) and a little older version of the frontend code, a month or so. And that frontend never experienced this problem. Although not the same hardware.

I would be happy to supply logs or whatever if someone would like to try to find the bug.

/Stefan