[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 15 01:56:28 UTC 2011

On 02/14/2011 07:07 PM, Don Lewis wrote:
> This problem is especially maddening because even though I do the
> "delete and allow re-record" dance, these shows still show up in the
> database as recorded,

Yes, as they should.  The record should /not/ be deleted from the
database--and if you're doing so manually, you're wasting your time (and
potentially endangering your recording history if you're not at least
using the Previously Recorded screen in mythfrontend to do the delete).
I have seen no indications of delete and allow re-record failing to do
the right thing for many versions of MythTV--like since the 0.21 days.
(Perhaps you're expecting it to be handled by the code differently from
how it's actually handled?)

>   and if the recording rule is "record one showing",
> I have to re-enter the rule.

Yes, if the recording rule was already deleted (as recording rules for
already-recorded find-one recording rules are within one day after the
recording completes), you would have to re-create the rule.

Mike