[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 14 19:56:07 UTC 2011

On 02/14/2011 01:19 PM, Dan Armbrust wrote:
>> Sorry, I guess I was confused by your subject line "Myth problem or
>> HDPVR probmem?".
> I didn't start this thread... but there are numerous threads over the
> past month that all relate to problems with 0 byte recordings / failed
> recordings.

Yep.  Exactly what happens when your capture device hardware/drivers fail.

I have my own theories on where the fault lies--and it's not the upgrade
to MythTV 0.24-fixes that causes it.

Let me just say that comparing apples (MythTV 0.23 on distro X, version
Y, with kernel Z and V4L/DVB subsystem A and drivers B) and oranges
(MythTV 0.24 on distro X, version Y', with kernel Z' and V4L/DVB
subsystem A' and drivers B') does not imply that MythTV 0.24 is to
blame.  If you change anything in addition to changing MythTV, ...

Mike "Happy 0.24-fixes user who has not gotten a single 0-byte recording"