[mythtv-users] Uninstalling Mythbuntu?

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Mon Feb 14 16:36:11 UTC 2011

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Scott and Nicole Harris
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 11:01 AM
To: MythTV Mailing List
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Uninstalling Mythbuntu?

Use Windows disk management to delete the Linux partitions, then you'll have use the Windows CD to repair the MBR to get rid of grub.  You don't indicate what version of Windows, and the procedure for XP is different from Vista / 7...though both are trivial and readily available on the net.  I'm sure there are ways to do it with Linux Live CD, but I've always done it this way.

As an aside, almost universally, it is suggested that you use NVidia Graphics with Myth.  The proprietary drivers are MUCH better, and you have the option of VDPAU to relieve stress on your processor..