[mythtv-users] hdhr file troubles on atv2

David Evans davide169 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 14:51:36 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I picked up a atv2 about a week ago and I have been tinkering with it.
 I have xbmc running on it and using the built in myth:// protocol I
can play SD files without any trouble.  The issue that I am having is
with files produced by the hdhr.  They will load up but I get a severe
stutter with the audio and they are unwatchable.  I tried loading the
files via a smb mount and I get constant buffering.

I figured the solution would be to transcode the files down to a mpeg4
format that should be easier for the ATV2 to play but I'm struggling
with the settings of mythtranscode to get a file that plays cleanly.
If I could get any insight it would be great.

Thanks in advance,
David