[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:45:28 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Reynolds, Brian <Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
> wrote:

Using the same tuners as the people you mention (or any tuners that record
the raw stream, which is almost all of them), you'll get the same results,
regardless of which software you're using, unless they are transcoded
afterwards, which I don't think is what you're asking.  If you use an
HD-PVR, you get much better compression.   You can specify how high the
compression should be actually, on the HD-PVR, but even for equivalent image
quality you're get smaller files.  I haven't compared, but I'd believe
jedi's 4:1 ratio.

-Jerry