[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Reynolds, Brian Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com
Mon Feb 14 01:58:06 UTC 2011

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]
> On Behalf Of Eric Sharkey
> Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2011 8:15 PM
> To: Discussion about MythTV
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center
>
> If I had to work within that budget, I'd go for more storage.  Cut the
> ram in half, go to a dual core processor, and go with 2TB drives
> instead of 1TB drives.
>
> I also like to use small SSD's for the OS and database.
>
> Eric

OK, I can work that up.  The thing that steered me toward the quad core
CPU's was the requirement I had in my mind to have expandability for up
to three internal PCIe tuner cards.  I couldn't find a mobo on NewEgg
that satisfied that requirement and used a cooler CPU.  I suppose I
could go with the external tuners... I just prefer internal components
for a cleaner looking setup.

Kinda funny how three of the items on my list went out of stock right
after I made my wish list, before making it public.