[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Feb 13 17:06:32 UTC 2011

On 2/13/2011 10:24 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> FWIW, the reasoning behind my mentioning, "I don't see [Hulu] having a
> bright (and free-of-charge) future."

> http://www.vision2mobile.com/news/2011/02/hulu-com-dominates-online-tv-market.aspx
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20029762-261.html
>
> and many similar stories around the web.  And, everyone knows how well
> things go over when a company starts off by giving something away for
> free, then starts to charge for it.

Yep! I agree with you 100% - I especially love the part of the pcmag article where the company said they don't bother commenting on speculation or rumor. BAH! BUSTED!

I ended up switching to ComCast business class cause I need it as I work from home - but the download caps are removed.

If everyone did that and canceled their TV service.. comcast would become a telecom utility and now the FCC could swoop in a little harder (maybe I'm dreaming.)

Heh,

  -Ben