[mythtv-users] Help using Scte65Scan

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 13 03:14:09 UTC 2011

----- "Dave Richardson" <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 01:45:57 +0000 (UTC), Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net>
>  wrote:
> > ----- "Nasa" <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> >> <nasa01 at comcast.net>

>  [snippage]

> use
> >> of

> >> imported

> >> without

> > Ok,
> >
> > This is where I am a little confused.  What did you use on the
> > connect
> > screen under mythtv-setup when you were setting the HDHR devices?
> > Did you
> > create a schedule direct listing then linked that?
> >

>  [snippage]
>
>  My approach was to start with empty lists of tuners, channels, and
>  sources.
>
>  Ouside of Myth, run scte65scan on your VCT_ID.
>
>  Import that into Mythconverg
>
>  enter mythsetup and create the capture cards for the HDHR tuners
>  (which, I suppose, could have been done before without concern)
>  including config for the number of virtual tuners for multirec

Thanks!!!

Some notes (based off of your instructions), no need to remove tuners
if they are already setup.

>  Between Schedules Direct and Myth setup, create the video/listings
>  sources... (for Comcast I use the local over-the-air listings for the
>
>  discovered channels from HDHR, your mileage may vary)

I used my digital lineup as some of the channels weren't listed on the OTA
listing.  This left me with a lot of channels that are encrypted that I
need to remove.

>  Then in myth create the relationship between them as input
> connections
>
>  Then, as I noted before, use something like MythWeb to insert the
>  XMLTVID

I discovered that not only did I need the XMLTV numbers, but I also need
freqID's -- which I found from schedule directs listings (called
Logical channel)

>  THEN, you can go back and add more tuners for any capture cards you
>  might be using from the backend of your cableco decoders, associate
>  those with another schedules direct lineup, etc.
>

>  I'm sure that you can do this other ways and probably safely with
> other
>  tuners and more channels defined before you start.  It's the point of
>
>  starting clean that helps me see what scte65scan is inserting before
>  go barging into the new channels that mythfilldatabase will insert
> when
>  it does its work for any other tuners/lineups.

Thanks again, this surely did help!.

Nasa