[mythtv-users] Using Gentoo ebuilds from git packaging repo

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Sat Feb 12 23:51:51 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Rob Smith <kormoc at mythtv.org> wrote:
> Thanks for your work, but if would be much nicer if you would work on
> integrating your changes into the myth official tree. The
> fragmentation of the ebuilds over the years have lead to some...
> interesting issues in the past.

I've got a question for those more familiar to making ebuilds with
git. Currently I need to apply a specific patch to mythtv to get
lipsync working right on my setup (I understand a similar fix is
included in 0.25.) Up till now I've been using cardoe's Gentoo ebuilds
(I'm still on 0.23) and creating my own overlay with a copy of the
ebuild with the added patch. Is this still the right way to do it,
i.e. create another overlay into which I copy the ebuilds I got from
git?
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,