[mythtv-users] IRSEND for MCE

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:52:22 UTC 2011

Hello list, I am trying to configure the shutdown function for my TV.

I want to use the a script to switch off the TV when I press a key on
the MythTV remote.

This is the hardware.conf file:

LIRCD_ARGS=""
#START_LIRCMD=false
#START_IREXEC=false
LOAD_MODULES=true
DRIVER=""
DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2"
LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
LIRCMD_CONF=""

On the lircd.conf I configured the MythTV and TV keys.

On MythTV it works well, I have configured all the keys and it works
great. But if i try to send a IR key to switch off, I got this error:

$ irsend -d /dev/lirc0 SEND_ONCE ED036 Power1
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: Connection refused

This is my device:

$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver

On the receiver, I got two holes to attach a transmitter. Where I must
attach it? (1 or 2)

Has anyone this config?

Thanks and best regards.

--