[mythtv-users] Help using Scte65Scan

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Fri Feb 11 14:01:32 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 01:45:57 +0000 (UTC), Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net>
 wrote:
> ----- "Nasa" <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> ----- "Dave Richardson" <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:54:39 +0000 (UTC), Nasa
>> <nasa01 at comcast.net>

 [snippage]

>> >  Didn't see other responses, here are some experiences from my use
>> of
>> >
>> >  roughly the same.
>> >
>> >  a) I started with no channels (delete all channels) before I
>> imported
>> >
>> >  the found channels from scte65scan via HDHR.  For me this seems
>> > load
>> >  up the multiplex table properly and then the channels go in
>> without
>> >
>> >  lot of confusion.
> Ok,
>
> This is where I am a little confused.  What did you use on the
> connect
> screen under mythtv-setup when you were setting the HDHR devices?
> Did you
> create a schedule direct listing then linked that?

 [snippage]

 My approach was to start with empty lists of tuners, channels, and
 sources.

 Ouside of Myth, run scte65scan on your VCT_ID.

 Import that into Mythconverg

 enter mythsetup and create the capture cards for the HDHR tuners
 (which, I suppose, could have been done before without concern)
 including config for the number of virtual tuners for multirec

 Between Schedules Direct and Myth setup, create the video/listings
 sources... (for Comcast I use the local over-the-air listings for the
 discovered channels from HDHR, your mileage may vary)

 Then in myth create the relationship between them as input connections

 Then, as I noted before, use something like MythWeb to insert the
 XMLTVID

 THEN, you can go back and add more tuners for any capture cards you
 might be using from the backend of your cableco decoders, associate
 those with another schedules direct lineup, etc.

 I'm sure that you can do this other ways and probably safely with other
 tuners and more channels defined before you start.  It's the point of
 starting clean that helps me see what scte65scan is inserting before I
 go barging into the new channels that mythfilldatabase will insert when
 it does its work for any other tuners/lineups.