[mythtv-users] Myth problem or HDPVR probmem?

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 03:04:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to nail down a problem with a Mythbuntu
> (2:0.24.0+fixes.20110209.6318d52) install that happened around the end
> of Jan.  Things stopped recording.  There was a few errors about can't
> open device, etc, but I reset everything (machine, HDPVR, cable box)
> and things seemed to start working again. . .

Can you manually record from the HD-PVR?

Exit myth frontend and stop mythbackend.  Then use a command such as:
cat /dev/video0 > ~/test01.ts

After that command, wait two minuets then press <ctrl><c>.  You should
be able to play the resulting file (in your home directory) with VLC
or mplayer.

*The HD-PVR might be attached to a different device node (instead of video0).

-Ryan