[mythtv-users] press a key to continue watching this channel

Christian Szpilfogel chriszpml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:17:13 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 3:33 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 02:37:01PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/444495#444495
>>
>> Easy to miss since it's on the other list, so we'd very much
>> appreciate your summarizing the solution on the wiki (and/or here).
>> :)
> I missed the beginning of this new thread or I would have jumped in
> earlier.  To follow up from the old thread, I've been using the
> attached channel change script for 6 months now without any problems
> except for the STB's info OSD being briefly visible every 135 minutes.
>
> There are a couple of things worth noting about the script.  First, I
> have is symlinked as stchan0 and stbchan1 to control two STBs.  The
> script name as invoked is used to determin which STB to control.
> Second, the backgrounding is only done when invoked by the mythtv user
> so I don't have to worry about permissions on the PID files.
>
> I'll try to put this on the wiki when I get a chance, but if someone
> else wants to do sooner, go right ahead.

Cool. I haven't check on how often my code was used but mixed feelings
on why it is becoming more popular.

David, your script may make sense to have linked somehow to
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Stb-command

I can also add your script to http://code.google.com/p/stb-command/ so
that others will find your work from that side.