[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Feb 10 20:32:25 UTC 2011

On 2/10/2011 1:43 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> This surprises me.  TiVo's support for what it calls "Multiroom
> Viewing" and "TiVo To Go" are not compatible with copy-once content.
>
>   http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=451107

For the stuff that is "Copy Never" -- I remember reading a bunch about Fair Use concerning the RIAA Lawsuits and in the process a bunch about how it related to Video and the "Broadcast Flag" (thus thus whole road for the pcHDTV cards and so forth) pushing the building of one's own Copy-Proof DVR..

The "copy never" seems to fly in the well defined Fair Use that says a viewer is legally allowed to record a baseball game
strictly for viewing in his home for non-commercial purposes. Am I not remembering this right or have the laws been
change further against fair use?

  -Ben