[mythtv-users] Crystal HD and .25

Stephen Otto sotto at emsco.com
Thu Feb 10 17:23:36 UTC 2011

> On 2/10/2011 10:58, Stephen Otto wrote:
> The other option that I keep hearing little notes about is the upcoming
crystal HD cards. I believe that they are available in a form that would
> replace the wireless network card (which I don’t use) in the dell laptop.
>
> The Crystal HD cards are all MiniPCIe.  MiniPCI doesn't have enough
bandwidth.  Make sure your laptop has the right kind of slot.

Hmmm. Good catch. It appears that my laptop has only a MiniPCI. Some of the
writings I had read incorrectly referred to the Crystal HD card as for the
older slot.

So it is everyone's consensus that the Dell laptop cannot be made to play
HDPVR recordings? If so I guess it is time to move on.