[mythtv-users] Crystal HD and .25

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Thu Feb 10 16:22:13 UTC 2011

Stephen Otto wrote:
> My poorman's frontend is composed of a dell 5150 laptop with a fx5200
> video card in it which I run diskless. I use with XvMC and it has...

As an appletv owner I've been watching the CrystalHD progress semi-intently.

But I'm looking to make the jump to HD in about a year, and from my
readings, a VDPAU system is much more common, mature, and therefore
community supported.  If you want a "set it and forget it" mythtv system,
VDPAU seems to be the route to take at this point.  It's also quite
economical.

Brian