[mythtv-users] ASUS E35M1-M Pro boards

Johan.van der Kolk johan.van.der.kolk1 at telenet.be
Wed Feb 9 23:48:56 UTC 2011

On 02/09/2011 10:36 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 09/02/11 19:50, Johan.van der Kolk wrote:
>>
>> I underclocked it now to 1GHz and lowered all NB,SB,CPU and memory
>> voltages to minimum. Still at 110 W, which drops to 100W if I pull the
>> videocard. Must have a high power consumer in the system, so perhaps
>> time for elimination....when the recordings have stopped.
>>
> My money would be on the tuner cards.

You lost all of it :)

Tuner cards, about 3-4 Watts each
Disks, about 10-12 Watts each (gets higher while accessing the disk, but
never lower).
Videocard (just displaying the ubuntu screen, no compiz) 11 W
Total 7+33+11 = 54 W

Leaves 55W for the MB + CPU + idle DVD player (totally underclocked and
undervolted)
65W if at regular settings.

So I may win 40-45 W by using an i5 or an E35M1-M solution, 15 Watts by
using better hard drives (30W if they will go in standby mode) and 11
Watts by not using graphics.

MB+CPU+Mem: 25W
three drives: 3-15W
tuners 7W