[mythtv-users] Mythvideo VIDEO_TS playback

Dmitry Medvedev dmitryam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 21:49:54 UTC 2011

2011/2/9 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 02/09/2011 03:16 AM, Dmitry Medvedev wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently experiencing issues with VIDEO_TS directories playback.
>> I have a set of DVD copied to the hard drive, from where MythTV can
>> access it. The problem is that part of Russian DVDs are copied into
>> directories with Russian name. Mythvideo recognizes it and displays
>> all correctly, but when I try to start DVD playback I the screen
>> blinks no video starts. I've checked the log and found following
>> records:
>>
>> 2011-02-09 10:59:31.081 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingDVD
>> libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
>> libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
>> libdvdread: Could not open input: Нет такого файла или каталога ////
>> The translations is "No such file or catalog"
>> libdvdread: Can't open myth://Videos@127.0.0.1:6543/Мультфильмы/The
>> Jungle Book (1967) for reading
>> libdvdnav: vm: failed to open/read the DVD
>> 2011-02-09 10:59:31.104 Failed to open DVD device at
>> myth://Videos@127.0.0.1:6543/��л���ил�м�/The Jungle Book
>> (1967)
>>
>> If he path is written in English - there is no playback issue at all.
>>
>> But I don't really want to rename all directories.
>
> Dmitry, please try following the instructions at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/439348#439348 , and let us
> know if that fixes the issue for you.  Also, I'm just wondering which
> version of MythTV you're using.  Is it 0.24-fixes or unstable/development
> code?  When you report back after trying the above, please include the
> output of:
>
> mythbackend --version
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I had such issue when migrated to 0.24 & Storage groups. But after the
init script was updated with this code the issue was resolved

script
        test -f /etc/default/locale && . /etc/default/locale || true
        LANG=$LANG /usr/bin/mythbackend --logfile
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --user mythtv
end script

I have all files and directories listed after rescan, but the playback
does not start.

Here is the version details.

dmitryam at hq:~$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24-153-g6318d52
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.6.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

Thanks,
Dmitry